Well yesterday I was nominated for an award. I know, I know, I’m as shocked as you are. Me, an award? I assumed there must have been some kind of blog typo related error, but surprisingly, it’s completely legit!
Massive thankyou to J. Hubner (check out his blog here http://jhubner73.com/) for recognising me as one of his nominees, I’m extremely humbled. Especially as I have only been wandering round this digital land we call WordPress, writing as I please, for just over 3 months now. It’s amazing. I never thought people would read my ramblings, never mind enjoy them.
I’d never heard of the Liebster Award, so I did my research, just to make sure I hadn’t been nominated for some kind of pie eating contest (not that I wouldn’t enjoy that). Unfortunately it isn’t, but I have to admit it is pretty cool; no I don’t win a special trophy or a huge cheque, but I do win the approval of fellow bloggers and that’s even better. Here it goes.
The Liebster Award is intended to recognize up-and-coming blogs, particularly those with fewer than 200 followers.
Here are the rules.
- Post eleven facts about yourself
- Answer the questions posed by your nominator
- Pass the award on to eleven new recipients
- Pose eleven new questions to your bloggers
Post a copy of the badge on your blog (type “Liebster Award” into Google images; you’ll find plenty to choose from). Notify nominees and include links to the originating blog, as well as the new recipients.
- I go to Nando’s far too much
- I won student of the year in Year 11 at college (hell yeah I did)
- I’ve never seen Starwars, and I’m okay with that
- I get excited when people mention cake
- Music is like an addiction to me, I’d never be able to go cold turkey
- I’d run back home if I forgot my earphones
- I love Doctor Who
- I’d love to have Gollum as a pet
- I’m team Edward (come on, who isn’t?)
- I want to go see the Berlin wall before I go to Uni
- Everyone always says I look older than I am
Questions I was asked
1. What made you start writing?
I thought this would have been the easiest question, but it’s proving to be the hardest. I don’t even know. I have a lot of opinions and I wanted to share them with others. As I’ve progressed I’ve found that it’s now a part of me, it’s what I do best and I enjoy it.
2. What would your dream job be? Do you already have your dream job?
I’m only 16 so if I had my dream job now what would I have to look forward to? As much as I love my job and the people I work with it is no way my dream job. I’d love to write about music for a living. I haven’t quite figured out how I’m going to achieve this but it will happen *crosses fingers*
3. What else are you passionate about?
Besides music and writing? Not a lot really, I’m quite boring.
4. What was the last movie you watched?
Last night I sat and watched the Hunger Games for like the 1793359th time. Will Peeta just be mine already?
5. What was the last album you bought/downloaded?
The last album I downloaded was a new release from Foals – Holy Fire. It’s constantly on repeat. Be expecting an review of it soon!
6. What was the last book you read?
The Perks of Being a Wallflower – I don’t usually read books like this, my style is usually supernatural adventure/romance (Twlight, Shiver, Blood Magic) but after watching the film I thought I’d give it a read; I enjoyed it.
7. Would you ever consider writing a novel? Do you have any ideas for a novel?
Erm, no probably not. I have to plan everything I write as I over-think, so as much as I like writing creatively, I don’t think I would. It would take me years.
8. Do you have any favorite writers?
Writers as in authors then they would be Stephanie Meyer, Suzanne Collins, Maggie Stiefvater and Tessa Gratton.
9. Why did you start your blog?
Purely because of my studies. We had to. I’m studying Journalism and creating a blog is part of our course. What did I used to do with my free time before?
10. Who was a big influence on you and who you became?
I think there’s quite a few people. The person who influenced me the most, music wise, is my friend Leanne. She is responsible for my chart-hit-forbidding music taste I have today. But of course, every girls inspiration is their mum. She has taught me to be myself and stand up for what I believe in. She is selfless, kind hearted and I don’t know what I’d do without her guidance.
11. On a daily basis, what inspires you?
Kind hearted everyday good deeds done by kind hearted everyday good people.
Questions to Nominees
- If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
- What would you do if you couldn’t write?
- If you could invite anyone (dead or alive) on a date, who would it be?
- Would you rather be successful in something you hated or fail in something you love?
- Where do you see yourself in ten years time?
- If you could have any fantasy creature as a pet, what would you choose?
- Can you cook?
- Films or books?
- Favourite genre of music?
- Who inspires you the most?
- What made you decide to write a blog?